Turn ON your wipers then turn off your BMW 525i when the wipers are at their mid-way point on your windshield
With your wipers stopped midway on your windshield it should be easy to lift your wipers up and away from your windshield.
Your old wipers should stick out, away, from your windshield. Now allowing for easy access during the rest of the changing process.
Be sure to take note of which new blade length goes on which side.
Measure or just compare old blade length to the new Trico® wiper blades.
Then place the new blades on the correct side.
Your 2009 BMW 525i has a pinch tab button attachment for the windshield wipers to connect with.
Different wiper manufacturers use different style attachments for the pinch tab.
Look for a button or a latch to lift and slide off the old wiper blade.
Before installation, of the new wiper blade, slide off the plastic protector from the blade rubber.
With this arm type it is necessary to remove the preattached adapter on the wiper blade and replace it as follows with adapter BC.
1. Identitfy release tab for the preattached adapter.
2. While pressing down on the adapter release tab with your thumb.
3. Push the pre-attached adaptor towards the button to disengage it from the blade.
4. Remove the preinstalled adapter from the wiper and discard it.
5. Find included adapter "B/C".
6. Lower B/C adapter into the cavity in the top of the blade. Slide adapter in the opposite direction from the tab until it locks in place.
Adapter B/C must lock on the to blade before you move on to the next step
7. With your Thumb press the tab in front of the adaptor (B) down HARD.
8. Lift shim (C) off the adaptor (B). Discard.
8. Hold your thumb firmly on the front of the adaptor, raising the back end up.
9. Align the side arm tabs with the side tabs on the back end of the adaptor.
10. Raise the blade in to the underside of the arm.
11. The tab inside the hole on the top of the arm must go UNDERNEATH the upper tab on the backend of the adapter.
12. Then rotate the blade UP until the tip of the arm locks underneath the adaptor tab.
13. The adaptor MUST LOCK onto the arm where indicated.
Double check that wiper blades and adapters are locked on to the wiper arms.
Carefully lower your new wipers down to your windshield. Discard old wipers and packaging material.